Monday, May 18, 2009

Sunday May 17, 2009

Top of the Afternoon to you,
We greet you in Divine Love, our prayer is that you and your family are walking under an open heaven. On Friday Night our church went to the revival at the Wynton Hill Baptist Church in Columbus, Georgia. Man let me tell you, Pastor Jonathan Carter was off the chain. He preached Psalms 124 and he talked about the snares being broken. It was a timely word for me so of course I got my praise on.
On Sunday Morning we began at 9:00am with New Member's Class and Sunday School started promptly at 10:00am. Our Sunday School lesson was great as usual, and the banner attendance went to Class #2 my class, which is the teen class, and the banner offering class went to Class #1 the Children's class.
This Sunday I had one of my friends come and share with us, now checked this out, On Wednesday night pass, someone shared with me that my friend lost his church(The Deacons), so I called him to encourage him, because I've been where he is, and I asked him does he have a place to preach on Sunday, he said no, and I asked him to come and share with our church family. Let me say this to all preachers who may be reading my blog. There ought to be a brotherhood, a fraternity, a covenant that we make with one another, to be there for each other, I didn't want to know what happened at his church, didn't care who was right or wrong, I just knew that my brother was going through and I wanted to be there for him. I make the same declaration to all of my colleagues we are in this together, when you hurt I hurt, when you cry I cry, when you rejoice, I rejoice. This is a lonely journey and even though our Lord and Savior has said that he would never leave us or forsake us, there are times, we feel all alone!!!!(Let me get off my soap box)
My friend preached from John 14:1-4, and Job 14:14 and his subject was let not your heart be troubled. When I tell you this man blessed the house, he blessed the house. God Bless you man of God. The choir was awesome as usual and service was very high.
Now check this out please and your prayer time, lift me up in prayer I am going through a tremendous transition in my life, but I know God is in control!!!!

Winning the Lost at any Cost,

JD Johnson
R8:28

1 comment: