Saturday, March 14, 2009

Spring Revival 2009 Part 2

Top of the afternoon to everyone, we greet you in Divine Love; our prayer is that you and your family are walking under an open heaven!!!

Man listen all I can tell you as that you needed to be here at the New Beginning Church, Dr. Keith D. Witherspoon, who I am so glad to call my friend, blessed us tremendously!!! We picked Pastor Witherspoon up from Atlanta airport, he and I got a chance to catch up on things that has been happening, when we got to Columbus we got him something to eat, and then checked him into his hotel so that he could rest for that night service, now this was unusual because last year Pastor Witherspoon did revival for the whole week!!! I was at another church which had a North and South Location so he did 2 nights at the North Church and 3 nights at the South Church, and in a years time call has place me as the undershepherd of the New Beginning Church!! I knew how awesome Pastor Witherspoon was last year and wanted to bring him back to our great city!!!
Well needless to say Pastor Witherspoon shared with us this week and I'm telling you man these 3 nights were off the chain!! Spoon text Wednesday night came from Daniel 3:15-17 and the topic was a Furnace Faith!!!! Man Spoon preached so hard that it was totally ridiculous!!! He said that furnace faith Accepts the Challenge, announces the Creator and astounds the critics!! I mean it was awesome!! He stated that a faith that can't be tested is a faith that can't be trusted!!! WOW!!!
On Thursday night his text came from Job 1:8-12 and the topic was, What to do when the hedge is removed? He said when the hedge is removed we should worship, we should witness about God and we should wait on the Lord!!! I mean spoon sho nuff preached on Thursday he shared with us that the devil is a chained adversary, he's God's lap dog!!! WOW!!!!
On Friday night his text came from II Corinthians 4:17 and his topic was, The pleasure of persecution!!! He said the reason for the pleasure of persecution is because your suffering is not serious, your suffering want stay, and your suffering causes success!!! Man listen our tape ministry is not up and running yet but if it was, this would have been a revival that you would have wanted to place in your personal library!!!
On Friday night, the Women of New Beginning cooked a mean meal for our guest, we fellowshiped and had an awesome time together!!!
This morning we brought Dr. Witherspoon back to the Atlanta airport and we are waiting with great anticipation for 2010 when Dr. Witherspoon will be back with us for our Spring Revival!!!!
I can't wait to stand up tomorrow in the pulpit of New Beginning Church because I will be able to say I preached in the same pulpit with an awesome man!!!!!

Winning the Lost at any Cost,

JD Johnson
R8:28

2 comments:

  1. I knew God would show up and show out. There is nothing that can top being in the presence of the Lord. Jesus is the truth, the way, and the light. With God all things are possible. God is truly not done with you yet. God is getting ready to pour you out many blessings from the heavens above. The experiences that I have been facing these past few weeks lets me know that God is truly alive and has his hand in every part of our lives. The only thing we have to do is let him in so that he may take total control and begin to freshen us up with his precious holy ghost. My prayers are always with the New Beginning family and you also. Keep up the good word awesome man of God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pastor,

    Thank you for being such a gracious host! I really enjoyed the friendship, fellowship, and food! I can't wait until next year!!!

    ReplyDelete