Monday, November 2, 2009

Sunday November 1, 2009

Top of the Morning to you,

We greet you in Divine Love, we pray that you and your family are walking under an open heaven!!!!

Let's first start with Brother Samuel David Carter. Brother Carter was put up for appointment for a Deacon. On Friday he went through the examination process that morning at 10:00am. The examining council was Pastor Xavier Maddox of the 24th Street Baptist Church, Pastor Albert Suggs of the Parkwood Full Gospel Baptist Church, Pastor Vincent Wilson of the New Life Baptist Church, and Pastor Quinton Dorsey of the Concord Baptist Church. Thank you brethern for supporting the work that God has assigned to my hands.

Well they examine Brother Carter from 10:00am to about 11:45am. Brother Carter passed his examination with a 86.4 score.

The appointment service was at 7:00pm where Pastor Xavier Maddox and the 24th Street Baptist Church was our guest. The word came from Luke 14:28 and the subject was "The Cost" The Service was great as usual. I've got to say to Deacon Samuel David Carter that I am so very proud of what God is doing in your life!!!

Now let me deal with the title of this service, it was call an appointment service. I believe the present day church is so out of order!! We have been using the term ordination service for Deacons which puts them on the same level as the Pastor/Preacher and its not so. In Acts 6 it says that we may appoint over this business. Which simply means that the Deacons serve out of the office of the Pastor! Watch this, the Deacons serve the Pastor, not the church. The Pastor serves the church!!!! Preach JD!!!!!!!

On Saturday from 5:00pm to 10:00pm we Hallelujah Night! Hallelujah night was an alternative to Halloween. Now we as believers do not participate in Halloween but I was always taught that if you can take something away from the children you need to put something in place to replace it. Well to my surprise Pastor Scott(our Youth Pastor) and his team did an awesome job!!! They had bobbing for apples, pin the tail on the donkey, dart boards, PlayStation 2, the Wii, Etc... We even played spades and Sister Amanda Peoples and I ran the spades table!!!(You Go Boy) Now there was a Pie tossing event where members paid to toss pies at Pastor Scott and I. Can you believe a member paid $20.00 to toss pies at me. It was $1.00 a toss!!! We had so much fun!!!!!

We started this Sunday off at 9:00am with New Member's class, and Sunday School started at 9:30am. The Sunday School lesson was, The Beauty of Nonconformity coming from I Peter 1:13-25. We had an awesome time! Class #4 my class won the Banner Offering and Banner Attendance today!! We had a baptism this morning!!! The Lord is still doing an awesome work at the New Beginning Church!!!

Service started at 11:00am and I saw some new faces in the choir and they did an awesome job!! This month of November I am teaching a Series on Family and Relationships. We have a lot of engaged couples that are planning to get married in 2010. So we want to make sure that they are well prepared! 3 people came to the Lord this morning, look at God!!

Anyway wanted to do my blog earlier today, because I'm about to get on the road and head home to watch the New Orleans Saints beat up on the Atlanta Falcons!!! Who Dat Baby!!!! Please pray for my safe travel and return, plus I get to go and see my mommy and nem!!!!

Winning the Lost at any Cost,

JD Johnson
R8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment