Monday, October 19, 2009

Sunday October 18, 2009

Top of the Morning to you,

We greet you in Divine love, our prayer is that you and your family are walking under an open heaven!!!

Let me first start off with our weekend, on Friday Night October 16, 2009, our church was on program to host revival at the Greater Miracle Christian Church, in Columbus, Georgia. Pastor Branddon Mays was the Host Pastor. Rev. Patrick Ivey of Stone Mountain, Georgia was the evangelist. Pastor Ivey preached from Ezra 8:21-23,31-32 and his subject was enough of talking the talk and not walking the walk!! Man when I tell you it was an on time word, you had to be there to understand!!! Our mass choir the Voices of New Beginning did an awesome job as usual!!!

On Saturday I got up early to get to our District Convention, The 4th District Convention of General Missionary Baptist Convention of Georgia, Inc. The convention was being held at the Gethsemane Baptist Church in Columbus, Georgia. Pastor Hawthorne Reed was the Host Pastor. Listen when I tell you that if you did not make it to this year convention, you missed a tremendous blessing. I was able to attend the Minister's Division, and I must commend Pastor Corey Neal of the Greater Peace Baptist Church and his staff for doing an awesome job this year in our Division. The Division was inspiring and uplifting!! Pastor Kennedy from Lanett, Alabama was off the chain.

Alright on Sunday morning we started at 9:00am with New Member's class and at 9:30am we went right into our Sunday School hour, let me say to Sister Nakita Bell the Superintendent of our Sunday School, that she is doing an awesome job. We now have 4 classes, our Sunday School is growing!!!!! The lesson this morning was: "Pleading for Mercy" the print text came from Mark 7:24-30 it was an awesome lesson!!!

Worship started this morning at 11:00am well the weather changed outside so it was a bit cold and our attendance this morning for worship was down, but those of us who did show up for worship had an awesome time!! Our choir blessed us in song and the Word went forward!!
I close out the series,"When the Foundations be Destroyed what can the righteous do?" I preached from Matthew 16:18 and Acts 2:47b. The subject was "Let the church be the Church"

Well its been a busy weekend for me so I am debating if I want to travel to Houston, Texas. Bishop I. V. Hilliard is having his pastoral conference this week, preachers have been telling me his conference is one of the most informative conferences. So pray for me as I contemplate this decision!!!

Winning the Lost at any Cost,

JD Johnson
R8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment