Monday, February 2, 2009

This Past Sunday

Well top of the afternoon to all of you,

We greet you in Divine Love and our prayer is that you and your family are walking under an open heaven!!! I know its been a minute since the last time I blogged so please forgive me and let me bring you up to speed.

I went home for my grandfather's funeral and it was awesome, I got a chance to see some of my family members and we had a ball!!! I was sharing with my mother that for whatever reason i thought we were from Pontiac, Michigan because I remember being up there as a child attending my grandfather's church, True Light Baptist Church. She said no that we are, the family is from Lakeland, Louisiana. So we buried my grandfather by his mom and dad!!

Anyway our bible class is still awesome!! We are still studying what it is that we believe as a Baptist. I was able to get to Article 2-4, let me share them with you!!

Article II The True God- We believe that there is one, and only one, living and true God, an infinite, intelligent Spirit, whose name is Jehovah, the Maker and Supreme Ruler of heaven and earth; inexpressibly glorious in holiness, and worthy of all possible honor, confidence, and love; that in the unity of the godhead there are three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost; equal in every divine perfection, and executing distinct but harmonious offices in the great work of redemption.

Article III The Fall of Man- We believe that man was created in holiness, under the law of his Maker; but by voluntary transgression fell from that holy and happy state; in consequence of which all mankind are now sinners; not by constraint; but choice; being by nature utterly void of that holiness required by the law of God, positively inclined to evil; and therefore under just condemnation to eternal ruin, without defense or excuse.

Article IV The Way of Salvation- We believe that the salvation of sinners is wholly of grace; through the mediatorial offices of the Son of God; who by the appointment of the Father, freely took upon him our nature, yet without sin; honored the divine law by his personal obedience, and by his death made a full atonement for our sins; that having risen from the dead he is now enthroned in heaven; and uniting in his wonderful person the tenderest sympathies with divine perfections, he is every way qualified to be a suitable, a compassionate, and all-sufficient Saviour.

So those of you who are following our bible class that's were we stopped on this past Wednesday, January 28, 2009. on Sunday January 25, 2009 we had a full schedule, we had our 11:00am service and our youth were in charge, it was a wonderful blessing to see and hear our Junior Deacons, Marquise, Deondre, Desmond and Dominic lead us in our devotion and our youth choir sound like a 200 voice choir. New Beginning youth Department is off the chain!! Our Youth Pastor, Bro. Marcus Scott shared the word on that Sunday, who by the way did an awesome job!! We had a 3:00pm service for our Installation of Officers Pastor Connie Joiner and the Pleasant Grove Baptist Church of Phenix City, Alabama came and made this event successful. To our leaders, let me say I'm proud of each and every one of you and I encourage you to do what you do as unto the Lord, be faithful to your assignment and watch God bless New Beginnings in a very real and special way. After our 3:00pm service we travel to Lagrange, Georgia for our 4th District Missionary Baptist Convention of Georgia Ministers Division Quarterly Fellowship. It was held at the New Beginning Baptist Church where the Rev. William Harris serves as the Senior Pastor. Pastor Vincent Wilson of the Nazareth Baptist Church brought the word, He came from Mark 4:37-39 and his title was A Great Storm!!! I told Pastor Wilson that it should be against the law for somebody to preach like that!! He was awesome!!! We had at least 20 people from the Minister's Division who was there. The whole Sunday was great, the family members who attend our Ministry truly was blessed the whole day, and was not tired from running all day, matter of fact the question was asked to me Pastor when we gone do that again!!!(smiling)

Alright this past Sunday February 1, 2009 Superbowl Sunday was awesome!! We started the morning at Sunday School, and our Sunday School is growing tremendously, our teachers are great and there is a friendly competition between the classes to get the banner offering and banner attendance. Check this out Class #1 which consist of our children ages 0-12 keeps winning the banner offering, I mean this past Sunday they raise $50.00!!! Did I tell you that the ages for that class is 0-12!! (LOL) but class #2 which is our teen class ages 13-17 keeps winning the banner attendance!!! I told yall that New Beginning Youth Department is an awesome Youth Department. Because it was Superbowl Sunday I Preached the Superbowl that was held at Calvary coming from I Corinthians 15:55. We praise God for 5 souls that came to the Lord!! That evening one of my sons in the ministry celebrated his 1st year Pastoral Anniversary, Pastor Daniel Thomas of the New Life Missionary Baptist Church in Marvin, Alabama. So I got a chance to go and be with him on that evening. My day closed watching the game!!

Winning the Lost at Any Cost,

JD Johnson

2 comments:

  1. Hey Pastor, I am so glad that God is continuing to bless you. Your light is really shining. Even though I am not there, I still have the ability to know how you and the church is doing.. Smiling! My God tells me everything. I thank you so much for being a great pastor/teacher and mentor. Your demeanor is very spiritual. I look forward to hearing more about the ministry. Please continue to praise the Lord no matter what obstacle comes your way, the only person that has the last say in anything concerning your life is God himself. No man can judge you, so don't let anything of this world vex or destroy your spirit man. You are a firm and true believer in Jesus The Christ and I know for certain that you depend on nothing but the blood of the lamb. Trusting in the Lord with all your heart and leaning not to your own understanding has gotten you great blessings, 'look around you'. God has directed your paths and he shall continue. I will pray continually for you, your family and the church that God has blessed for you. I bless God for you. You are an awesome sheppard of the most high God. He is proud of you, so keep up the good work. Warmly- Delilah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pastor Johnson I've finally figured out how to post a comment (don't laugh). God bless you, your family and the ministry. God is a God of reconciliation (hope that's spelled right)and He has/is doing wonderful things in your life. Much of what God is doing for our family is due to you, Thank You Sir. I hope to get down there soon Pam is looking forward to seeing you. We love you and pray to see you soon. I still remember you favorite verse, Rom. 8:28, and we KNOW that ALL THINGS work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose

    ReplyDelete