Monday, August 24, 2009

Sunday August 23, 2009

Top of the morning to you,

We greet you in Divine Love, our prayer is that you and your family are walking under an open heaven. Let me first start off with last Wednesday night Bible class. We started off with prayer service at 6:00am and New Members Class. Bible Class started off at 7:00pm and again I am so proud of those members who constantly press their way to be in Bible Class. We are still studying the Vision of the House. We have 13 vision statements. We have covered the first two vision statements which are. 1) A Church that must fulfill the great commission. 2) A God-glorifying, Christ centered, Holy Spirit Empowered, people oriented church.
Bible Class was great as usual.

This Saturday we had our Youth Ministry meeting at 10:00am, they broke off at 10:30am to their different groups: Youth Choir, Youth Ushers, Junior Deacons and Youth Praise Dancers. I must tell you that I was very impressed to see our children being active in the Youth Ministry. That afternoon at about 4:00pm we took our Youth Ministry to Dave & Busters in Atlanta, Georgia. Man when I tell you we had a blast, it was off the chain!!!!! It was so fun, and can I tell you I brought my fun with me!!!(Smile)

Sunday started at 9:00am with New Members Class and then we with in to Sunday School at the 10:00am hour. Class #2 which is our teen class won the banner attendance and class #3 which is the adult class(the class I teach) won the banner offering. The lesson was awesome.
We started morning worship at the 11:00am hour, our Youth were in charge of service. The youth were really awesome!!!! I preached from Psalm 11:3 and Romans 12:2. I started this series last week, "When the Foundations are being destroyed, What can the righteous do?" Today I preached "Transformers". The word was awesome!!!!

At 6:00pm went to a friends fellowship service at New Life Missionary Baptist Church, Pastor Vincent L. Wilson. Pastor Branddon Mays of the Greater Miracle Christian Church was the speaker. We had an awesome time!!!! Please keep us lifted up in prayer!!!!

Winning the Lost at any Cost,

JD Johnson
R8:28

4 comments:

  1. Good Morning, Sunday Service was awesome the Youth did incredible and as always you did an immaculate job. When prayers go up, Blessings come down. God Bless you, Much Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember "We never could have, would have made it, if it wasn't for GOD. Because when we were going thru, he was right there, (now we are stronger, wiser, and so much better) We are all transformed by grace. My prayer is Pastor, keep on doing what you are doing. "Winning the lost at any cost" GOD BLESS YOU ALL

    ReplyDelete